About Andrew P. Dunning
Andrew P. Dunning’s practice encompasses a broad range of civil matters, including complex commercial litigation, consumer fraud, business disputes, tort cases, and transactional issues. Whether prosecuting claims, defending against them, or navigating legal questions before disputes even arise, Andrew protects his clients’ interests with thoughtful and zealous advocacy in and outside the courtroom.
In addition to his years of experience in practice, Andrew served as judicial law clerk to the Honorable Richard F. Scotti in Department II of the Eighth Judicial District Court and as judicial extern to the Honorable Philip M. Pro (Ret.) in the United States District Court for the District of Nevada. While attending the William S. Boyd School of Law, Andrew worked as an articles editor for the UNLV Gaming Law Journal, practiced as a student attorney in the Thomas & Mack Juvenile Justice Clinic, and was selected for the American Bar Association’s Janet D. Steiger Fellowship at the Nevada Attorney General’s Office Bureau of Consumer Protection.
A longtime Nevadan, Andrew moved to Henderson after completing high school in Incline Village and obtaining his undergraduate degree from the University of Nevada, Reno. In his spare time, he enjoys amateur photography, traveling, live music, and spontaneous adventures with friends and family.
Professional & Community Memberships
- State Bar of Nevada Young Lawyers Section
- Clark County Bar Association
- Howard D. McKibben American Inn of Court
Honors & Awards
- Nevada Business Magazine, Legal Elite
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity International, Society of Scholars
- MYVEGAS Magazine, Top 100 Lawyers of the Year
- Super Lawyers, Mountain States Rising Stars
- Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, May 2020 Pro Bono Volunteer of the Month
- State Bar of Nevada, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada, 2015
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2018
- Juris Doctor (J.D.), William S. Boyd School of Law, University of Nevada, Las Vegas (2015)
- Pro Bono Honors
- Dean’s List Honors
- 2015 Dean’s Award
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Pre-Law Criminal Justice, University of Nevada, Reno (2012)
- Dual Minors in Psychology and Philosophy
- Dean’s List Honors
- Andrew P. Dunning, Is Returning to Work Mid-Pandemic Really “Us vs. Them?”: No Panacea for COVID-19 Liability Concerns for Employers and Their Staff, Black & LoBello Law Blog (May 2020), https://www.blacklobello.law/is-returning-to-work-mid-pandemic-really-us-vs-them/.
- Kerry E. Kleiman & Andrew P. Dunning, Two Wrongs Don’t Make a Copyright: Mass-Defendant Copyright Litigation: the Plaintiffs, the Pirates, and the People who Pay, NEVADA LAWYER MAGAZINE (January 2019).
- Andrew P. Dunning, Insecurity Abroad: Data Safety for Practitioners Away from the Office, NEVADA LAWYER MAGAZINE (June 2018).
- Andrew P. Dunning & Kerry E. Kleiman, Major League Broadcasting: the Deleterious Effects of Major League Baseball’s Antitrust Exemption on Nevada Consumers with No Home Team, 16 NEV. L.J. 1171 (2016).
- Keith S. Whyte & Andrew P. Dunning, A Public Policy Framework for Minimizing Problem Gambling-Related Harm: The PETERRR Model, 6 UNLV GAMING L.J. 199 (2016).